Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Smoke signals for Jacob Nussrallah ’07

When 1st Lt. Jacob Nussrallah ’07, a platoon leader with the 118th Military Police Company (Airborne), was in Afghanistan this year for a re-deployment as a mentor and evaluator, he had the Horned Frogs on his mind.

“At the end of the training, I had extra purple smoke and wanted a picture showing my support to Texas Christian University,” he says.

Nussrallah is now an operations officer for the 503rd Military Police Battalion (Airborne) at Fort Bragg, N.C., The smoke was used as simulators for artillery and improvised explosive devices (IEDs).

“It is certainly an interesting life choice when you decide to go into the Army and commission as an officer,” Nussrullah says. “I want to thank all the Horned Frogs that sent care packages to me and my troops while we were down range and I look forward to visiting TCU again.”

Nussrullah says you may write to him at jacob.nussrallah@us.army.mil.

No comments:

Post a Comment