Monday, September 13, 2010

Coloring the rainbow TCU purple



Tiffany (Gardiner) Stewart '01 wrote us to share a story about her 9-year-old son, Nicholas, who has a heart for helping others:

"I'm a very proud TCU alum! My son, Nicholas, is following in my footsteps when it comes to charity and service to others.

"While at TCU, I was part of the band's service sorority, Tau Beta Sigma, which focused on serving others and the band. I held the position as Service chair, coming up with ideas to help serve others and the band.

"Well, Nick has already shared this passion at the young age of 9. This year, he collected more than 520 boxes of crayons, markers and paints for the children at Dallas Children's Medical Center. His endeavors brought the attention of Channel 11, which named him a Texan with Character.

"Selena Hernandez '99 was one of the Channel 11 anchors that contacted us! From this, my sister, Amanda and I have started Nick's Colors of the Rainbows, a non-profit, to continue Nick's dream of sharing God's love with children who are sick.

"Nicholas is one of TCU's biggest fans! We rarely miss a TCU game!!"

Read more TCU People stories at The TCU Magazine

Are you a fan of The TCU Magazine on Facebook? Please "like" us to stay current on TCU photo galleries, story links, trivia, nostalgia and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment