Monday, January 10, 2011

Watching the Frogs from remote Peru

Tracy Rundstrom Williams, associate director of TCU's Center for International Studies, watched the Rose Bowl from an unusual spot. We'll let her explain:

"I was in Iquitos, Peru, for my brother’s wedding on January 1. Iquitos is a remote city in the Amazon Rainforest, that lacks many of the amenities we are used to, such as air conditioning and clean water. So imagine my surprise that when I went to the beauty salon with my sister-in-law getting to our hair and nails done, the Rose Bowl was on the TV! I got to watch the second quarter of the game before we had to head to the church.

It’s unfortunate that I’m wearing red (the color of the bridesmaid dress), but I still thought you’d love it!"

Check out more TCU stories at The TCU Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment